Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Big Series = Time at Home

A big what? Yes, a big Series, as in baseball series. You knew that! I was trying to figure out if there was something I could or should blog about this evening. I asked Brett, "Have we done anything this week?" His response, "Well, there's been a big series." Very true. The Minnesota Twins have had a four-game series with the Chicago White Sox this week (all in Minnesota). As a good wife would, I Tivo'd every game and we sat down each night to watch them. But here's how it works: If the Twins are winning or if it is close, we watch. Sometimes Brett likes to fast forward through the opposing team's at-bats though. But if, for example, the Twins are losing by a lot (like they did last night in game three) the game all of the sudden gets turned off. There are often high fives, yelling, cheering, at talking to the tv. In fact, I tried to participate in the telecast a couple of days ago by texting in a question to Dick and Bert. They haven't shown it on tv yet, so I may need to try again! Now we're in the last game of the series and it looks like it will end in the Twins' favor. Consequently, Brett will be in a good mood and we all WIN! P.S. The Twins are now a half game out of first place. Did you know...During the 2006 baseball season we were Circled by Bert (the Twins broadcaster) when the Twins played in Seattle. This is one of the best things you can have happen as a Twins fan. We held up a poster board saying, "Future season ticket holders 2010." Family in Minnesota and some friends in North Dakota were nice enough to call and tell us we were on TV!

1 comment:

frisbeedog said...

Minnesota had those brown sox running for the dugout!! That was exciting.