Wednesday, July 16, 2008

June Carter vs. June Cleaver

You may have looked at the title of this post and wondered what in the world we are talking about. Funny thing happened tonight. Brett and I were talking about Halloween. The eighth grade class at Sacred Heart is in charge of the chili feed at the annual Halloween carnival. It just makes sense that I would need to dress up. Here was part of our conversation that I'm almost embarrassed to tell everyone about:

B - How about June Carter?
N - What, am I just going to dress up as a 1950s house wife?
B - No, I think it was like the 60s or 70s.
N - I don't even think the kids will know who that is anyway.
B - The old people will though (the parents).
N - Wait, who is June Carter?
B - JOHNNY CASH'S WIFE.
N - OOHHHHHHHH! I was thinking of June CLEAVER!

Yes, I am going to be a teacher this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I think Brett would make a better Johnny Cash than Ward Cleaver. And....currently one of the top Country Songs is "Johnny and June". Be sure to first watch the movie "Walk the Line" so y'all get it just right!!

Anonymous said...

We have watched that movie! If we go with June and Johnny I may have to watch it again. Yikes!