Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jobs

If I sent you the link to this blog, you probably already know that Brett and I moved out here for Brett's job. He took a sports residency with St. Lukes-Idaho Elks Rehab Services (SLIERS) which begins in August. He will spend about 60% in the clinic still, but will have the opportunity to do some observations, work with physicians, do some research at Boise State, and work with different athletic teams in the area. Of course, that's right up his alley and it should be a lot of fun for him.

After we decided on Boise, I had to try like crazy to get a job here. I had already sent in my resume and application to many schools here. I ended up being hired by Sacred Heart School to teach 7th and 8th grade language arts and theology (it's a Catholic school). It's all very exciting, but overwhelming at the same time! On top of that, I'm going to be coaching 7th grade volleyball in the fall as well. Though I love the game, I've never coached it. I'm sure it will be fun though. I'll definitely get some more exercise!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

That's awesome you're coaching volleyball! I love your backround!

Suzanne said...

Hey, great to see you guys on here. I've already put your link on Noah's buddy list...i figure you'll be buddies as soon as you meet him...love you