Sunday, July 27, 2008
The last weekend in July?
Our weekend consisted of a couple of "changes of plans." Friday evening we were to meet some of Brett's co-workers at a restaurant downtown. Somehow or another we missed each other in two different locations. Needless to say, we ended up eating by our lonesome in West Boise (our neck of the woods). I had a great idea to check out a new soup and salad place which, of course, was not open yet. We ended up at Fuddruckers, yes Fuddruckers, eating burgers and sippin' on some soda pop. Saturday I had another great idea (you can imagine how this will turn out) to go to the 5pm mass and then attend the Fiesta dinner put on by the young adult ministry group. Call me crazy, but there was no one there but the organizers so we left. That night ended by us going to Chicago Connection for pizza (would not recommend the one on Fairview Ave.). And then there's Sunday. Things were looking up! I found a group, via the Internet, to play tennis with. I was a little nervous about these new people, but it was a blast. There were only four of us, but we played a good 2 1/2 hours of tennis. Watch out Serena! The good news is that Brett made some delicious ribs for dinner tonight! So, there you have it. I don't know that we accomplished a whole lot this weekend, but we were surely on the move in Boise. One way or another we'll figure out this town...and our lives! In the meantime, we're simply enjoying ourselves and each other...I think. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment