Sunday, August 3, 2008

Delicious Pulled Pork


After a trip to Knoxville, Tennessee in 2007 we have tried and tried to make a delicious recipe for pulled pork. It's hard to top that southern food! After a few dismal attempts, one of Brett's patients gave him a recipe to try. YUM!!! It's an all-day affair, but well worth the work. Paired with some KFC coleslaw (let us kn0w if you have a good coleslaw recipe), corn on the cob, hamburger buns, and sweat tea, it's a tasty treat for the summer time! Here's some pictures of the work in progress. Puckett was keeping an eye on it out there!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow! My mouth is watering! You'll have to give me the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Curious...where did you try the bar-b-q in Knoxville? And how did you prepare the sweet tea? Has to be the real thing ya' know.

K-town Folks!

Nichole said...

You'll have to ask Ian where he took us to eat pulled pork. It was a place pretty close to their house. Sweet tea...I have a tried a variety of recipes to find one Brett likes. I just had to figure out how much sugar to put in after I boiled the water and put in the tea. Then came the cold water. Is that how you make it??

frisbeedog said...

I'm thinking we went to Buddy's Bar-B-Q. Usually I will add about 3-4 cups of sugar, i like it semi-sweet! We look forward to seeing you soon.

laurel said...

Okay, Nichole~ that pic of the pork is making this big old pregnant girl crave some NOW!!! :)Speaking as one who has actually had Brett's pulled pork, I can honestly say it was the best EVER!! Yum, yum, yum. If I can summon the energy, I just might have to make it (thanks again for the recipe!)