Wow, I cannot believe we are going to be done with August in a mere two days. Where in the world did it go? I'd like to say things are settling down here in Boise since we've been here for three months now, but I think it got even more hectic this month. At the beginning of the month, Brett began his residency which he apparently likes quite a bit. He spends two days at his regular clinic. The other three days he spends half day at the clinic and half at a sports med clinic that overlooks the famous blue turf of Boise State. Rough life! He's been known to throw the baseball around at work, too. It really makes me wonder!
Also in August, I began my first real teaching job. It's kind of surreal to think that my whole goal two years ago was to become a teacher and now I really am. I have to say that this week has been crazy going from school to volleyball and then having to come home and do my planning at night. At the same time, I have to say I have a great group of 7th and 8th graders. I laugh my head off in class some days and they're always willing to laugh at my blunders in return.
If you've been reading the blog regularly, you know that we have an offer on our house. Things are moving smoothly, the inspection has been done, they are re-staining the deck, and we close at the end of September. Good news on all that!
I'm sure you're wondering about Puckett. I'm happy to report that he's doing fine. In fact, since we changed his food from Science Diet Large Breed dog food to this hippie food (I have no idea what it's called, but I know it costs more and he eats less) he doesn't have as much gas. That's right, I said gas. He used to stink up the house night after night! So maybe you didn't want to know about our dog's flatulance problem, but oh well.
The big news today was that John McCain picked a lady as his running mate. I didn't even hear about it until, oh, 8:45pm tonight so I guess I'm late on the news. Eighth graders apparently don't read the morning news before they come to class. I thought it was a bold move, as did MSN, but I'm a little indifferent right now. Actually, tired might be a better word to describe my indeciveness at this point in time.
Does anyone get tired at around 8:30pm? It's 9:06pm on a Friday night right now and I'm exhausted. Lame! Hi, my name is Nichole. I'm in my mid 20s (young) and can't stay up until 10pm on a stinkin' Friday night? What's wrong with me? And so you ask what we'll be doing this lovely Labor Day weekend in Boise? Well my friend, I'll be making some trips to school, picking up dog poop (there I go again), laundry, vacuuming, dishes, grocery shopping (not as much fun when you don't have Safeway), and hopefully sleeping a bit. And then there's church on Sunday. You know, I do teach 1/4 of the kids religion at my school so it's best to show my pretty face at church on Sunday mornings. Practice what you preach!
Sorry about the length. Just so you know, I'm not going to proofread. There will be no editing, and there certainly was no rough draft. And yes, my students must take those steps everytime we write. :o) (Haha, I really did proofread though. I couldn't help it!)
1 comment:
...hey, 9pm is late! go to bed and enjoy every minute of it. so, what's the hippie-food? Luke can also clear a room.
Post a Comment