Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reflection

I've been doing my best for the last two weeks to make time to reflect. I do this best by journaling. I've always been one to write down my feelings, even since elementary school. I remember the fond memories of my purple diary. I knew it was safe from my family because of the "sturdy" lock. It then evolved to a spiral-bound notebook. Over the years, the journal has come in different shapes and sizes, and the writing has changed just as much. Of course, there were the days that I spent doodling "N+___= LOVE" and "Mrs. So-and-So." However, my writing finally reached the point of being a time for quiet reflection on the trials and tribulations I face in life, and, how God is helping and guiding me. Just moments ago (yes, I am at school), I reached for my composition book to put it away. This is something I use for school. One of the magazine pictures on it says, "I always try to find time to be myself, to reflect on my achievements and where I'm headed." I don't know where I got that quote or even who said it. But now, more than ever, I think it's true. Do you ever take a quiet moment to reflect on who you are and have become?

No comments: