Saturday, September 6, 2008

We are...N-D!

The second Saturday of the college football season brings us the season opener of Notre Dame football. There wasn't a question about what I would be doing today. After last year's season, a dismal record with only a couple of wins, I can't say my enthusiasm is where it normally would be at this time. But, as a faithful Notre Dame fan and a true Catholic (ha!), I had to get fired up and get my ND gear out.

Unfortunately, the Irish struggled through three quarters of football against San Diego State. Who would've thought? (A rhetorical question.) Thankfully though, Jimmy Clausen has found a way to get a couple of TD's on the board. And to think that Michigan is going to be in South Bend next week! They better get it together mighty quickly.

I would like to say that I hope your favorite college football does well this year. I would be lying though. My heart belongs to Notre Dame, and I always root for Fresno too. Go Irish!

No comments: