I was at Super Walmart today picking up a couple of groceries. As I finished picking up the last item in the produce section, I headed toward the checkout lines. And this is really what happened: I saw the Express Line "Limit 20 Items." I took a quick glance down at my cart. I used the skills I learned in third grade and thought, "My estimate is that there are approximately 15 items in my cart...TOPS." I went to the line with the fewest people. One would think that the Express Line would be relatively quick. In fact, the word 'express' comes to mind. Not this one. As I stook patiently in line, I looked at the magazine rack to my right. Nothing good. I waited and waited. This is the Express Line for crying out loud! Then, as the customer in front of me placed item after item on the counter I began counting. C'mon, you would've, or have, done the same thing! I counted up to 23, that's right, and then stopped. Clearly this person, A) should have paid more attention in third grade, B) was extremely selfish, or C) cannot read. I'm going to go with 'B' and say this person just does not care about the signs in Walmart. Her negligence in the grocery store leads me to believe that this person may also disobey other signs in life (i.e., traffic signs). I know it's far-fetched, but I'm really angry about this. I wanted to reach out and say (or scream), "Clearly, this line is for people who have FEWER than 21 items. I can see that you have chosen to purchase more than that. Therefore, I think you should take your large behind and all of your items to the next line over. Thank you, and have a great day!"
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Limit 20 Items
I was at Super Walmart today picking up a couple of groceries. As I finished picking up the last item in the produce section, I headed toward the checkout lines. And this is really what happened: I saw the Express Line "Limit 20 Items." I took a quick glance down at my cart. I used the skills I learned in third grade and thought, "My estimate is that there are approximately 15 items in my cart...TOPS." I went to the line with the fewest people. One would think that the Express Line would be relatively quick. In fact, the word 'express' comes to mind. Not this one. As I stook patiently in line, I looked at the magazine rack to my right. Nothing good. I waited and waited. This is the Express Line for crying out loud! Then, as the customer in front of me placed item after item on the counter I began counting. C'mon, you would've, or have, done the same thing! I counted up to 23, that's right, and then stopped. Clearly this person, A) should have paid more attention in third grade, B) was extremely selfish, or C) cannot read. I'm going to go with 'B' and say this person just does not care about the signs in Walmart. Her negligence in the grocery store leads me to believe that this person may also disobey other signs in life (i.e., traffic signs). I know it's far-fetched, but I'm really angry about this. I wanted to reach out and say (or scream), "Clearly, this line is for people who have FEWER than 21 items. I can see that you have chosen to purchase more than that. Therefore, I think you should take your large behind and all of your items to the next line over. Thank you, and have a great day!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment