Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our Attempt at Saturday Evening Mass

This evening, we attempted to go to church. That's right, we attempted. We normally frequent the 11 o'clock mass on Sunday's. Brett has a conflict tomorrow, so we decided to go this evening. I looked it up on the Internet, and it said mass was as 6pm. It takes about 15 minutes to get there. So, we got in the car (pouring rain and all) and drove over to Sacred Heart. We arrived at approximately 5:45pm to find the parking lot was pretty full. Now everyone who is Catholic would think the same thing at this point. "What's going on? No one shows up this early for chuch. EVER." I always like to be there early though, like most places. On Sunday's at 10:59am, the chuch is bustling with families trying to find a seat. The pews get really crowded at 11:03am. We even get a couple of stragglers during the first reading. You all know exactly what I mean, right?! I guess it's the Catholic Way. Anyway, it turns out that I remember there is a dinner at the parish hall that begins at 6pm. Mass was moved to 5pm today. So really, we just enjoyed the 30 minutes of quality time together in the car. We'll try again tomorrow and hope it turns out a little better. At least we didn't get as far as walking in and taking a seat, right?

No comments: