Sunday, March 6, 2011

Resurrection

Just when you and I were both sure this blog was obsolete, it has breathed new life. It has been resurrected! That sounds like a lot of excitement for one little blog, doesn't it? It's not so much the blog, however, it's life altogether. I'll explain. But, readers beware, I could get rather windy on this one.

It has been 19 months since we had our first little offspring come along. I know we're biased, but she surely gets cuter, funnier, and smarter each day.

Food: M recently went through a phase where she didn't really want to eat dinner, no matter what it was. She sure loved to snack though. Thankfully, I think she's hit the end of that phase and is now eating dinner with us again. While she still loves her snacks (crackers, goldfish, fruities, etc.), she also loves peas and enjoys eating meat with some sort of sauce on it, hot dogs, mac and cheese, and spaghetti.

Activities: Wednesdays are the highlight of my week. We take M to gymnastics for 30 min. with a group of about 4-5 other kiddos. The first two weeks were quite challenging, but now we've got it down. M enjoys jumping on the trampolines, will jump into the pit by herself (there's foam blocks), and truly excels in the area of somersaults. She also loves to read. Her favorite book going on months now is Bo Saves the Show. It's a Muppet book. Elmo is also tops on her list. Coloring has also become a favorite as of late. We also try to get the gym to go swimming once every other week or so. M got a new swimsuit recently, and I'm sure it's contributing to her stellar speed and form in the pool. (Did you notice how many times I said "also" in that paragraph?)

The rest of us are less than exciting compared to M. Brett has been working hard. He got to take a trip to New Orleans at the beginning of February and is now a certified golf fitness professional. He has also been spending time in the greenhouse trying to get it ready. Yes, we have a greenhouse. Last fall while working with the rookie league team here, he was invited down to spring training in AZ to "work." I think he and his dad are going to head down there in April.

I have been teaching the same group of sixth graders all year. The highlight of the last two weeks has been watching the kids plant their seeds (barley, corn, peas, radish, and clover), cringe at some of their watering practices, and see the excitement when something sprouts. We are beginning our state testing tomorrow, so we'll see how well I've done. Also, you may have known that I was hired into a one-year contract because it was so late in the summer. In saying that, I have to re-apply for my job this week. Yes, it's a bummer. I also have to interview for it. Ick.

And, so as not to leave anyone out, Puckett is doing well. However, we had a little incident where he broke his two front teeth. Please refrain from singing songs about what he might want for Christmas. This resulted in two extracted teeth and a large bill. Thank goodness we still have that pet insurance.

Sorry, still no new pictures. I'll get there though.

No comments: