Friday, July 24, 2009
New Family Member
After 39 weeks of pregnancy, Nichole was set to be induced on Friday. So on our last night as "just" a couple we took it upon ourselves to go to Taco John's (really you can't beat it). When we got back we watched the Twins lose again. Toward the end of the game Nichole started getting some stronger contractions that were about 5-6 minutes apart. As the evening progressed the contractions continued to get stronger. By 2:00 am there was no more sleeping, except maybe the 4-5 minutes between contractions. When 7:00 rolled around Nichole was feeling quite a bit of pain. They got the epidural in at about 8:00 with Nichole dilated about 2 cm. Things settled down very quickly after that (at least that is what I remember, I fell asleep at about 9:30). I woke up at 11:00 surprised to hear that she was fully dilated and about ready to started pushing. After about 45 min to an hour we had a baby girl, Mia Ann Walker. Born on 7/24/09 at 12:22, weighing 6lbs 3oz, with a length of 19 inches. Sorry I can't compete with Nichole's posts I am not quite as creative with my writing. Unlike my sisters' I was never able to get an A in Mr. Hotchkiss's class. Now you see why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wha-hoo! We have a baby!!
Congratulations!! Mia is BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy your new adventure in parenthood! It will be your greatest yet most challenging blessing. What a beautiful family!!
We had mexican the night Suzanne went into labor with Noah! So now we know the secret!(of course. Congratulations!!!!!
hurray Nichole and Brett!! I was thinking about you all day yesterday! Looks like you had a pretty short labor..so glad you made it! I'm so excited to meet Mia!
Congrats to you both..she is so cute! Brett i love the comment about Mr. H's class I can totally relate! and again congrats to your family.
that last comment was from Carrie Lambert (didn't know that it wouldn't show my name)
Post a Comment