Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mia Ann, Day 4

What is day four like with baby Mia? Hmmm...in one word, I would say tiresome. Last night, Mia was awake more than she was asleep. I'm not quite sure what was going on, but between dirty diapers, hiccups, and being hungry, we got very little sleep.

While we were in the hospital, we were lucky enough to have Mia's pediatrician be the on-call doc. Dr. Schaffer was able to visit Mia three times over the weekend. She was a little concerned about her weight and jaundis so we were to see her today. Good news - Mia is not jaundis at all, and she gained weight. Are you ready? Mia weighs 5 lbs. and 14 ounces right now. Dr. Schaffer also talked to us about feeding and gave us some great tips/advice. I think we're well on our way to plumping up our little peanut.

I have to say that Brett is and has been amazing through it all. He does not hesitate to get up with Mia, change diapers, feed her (we supplement with formula), burp her, etc. His favorite thing? My opinion is that he really enjoys sitting with her on his lap when she is awake. What an amazing dad!
Here they are at the hospital taking a little snoozer.

Check out Mia's little shirt. I caught them at a bad time, but it was too cute to pass up.

No comments: