Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Catch up again

Goodness, I feel like I'm always playing catch up on this blog instead of actually keeping up. July was a busy month though. Yes, I say that even though I was unemployed for all of it! Here's what we've been up to:

Brett has been working as usual, but has also been able to spend some time with the baseball team. What baseball team? Great Falls has an MLB rookie league team here. They are an affiliate of...the White Sox! Yes, I said that. But, since it's not the actual team that plays the Twins, we're okay. I do hate to say that one game Brett had a Sox jacket on though. What kind of loyalty is that? On a positive note, the minor league rehab coordinator was in town last week and invited Brett to spring training next year. Given the option, I'm sure he'll be on the next flight to Arizona. Also, I'm not sure (and too lazy to go back and check) if I blogged about Brett's test. We had moved to Boise so he could complete his sports residency and take his Sports Certified Specialist test. He took the test in March; we found out in June that he passed with flying colors. Good work, Brett! Now, his title is: Brett, PT, MPT, SCS, CSCS.

Mia has been moving and grooving for quite some time now. She had her first birthday at the end of July. Can you believe it? She loves to follow people, smile, laugh, say "Da da," play, and eat. Mia loves mandarine oranges, peas, and macaroni and cheese. She also had her first taste of a cupcake and enjoyed it as well. Currently, Mia is not sleeping well though because she's getting molars! Oh, the nerve of that child! :o) She also took a swimming class in July and loved it! Finally, Mia had another cousin born at the beginning of August. Piper Ann arrived August 4. Congrats, Karmen and Jason!

I spent most of July: praying for a job, taking a swimming class with Mia, playing with Mia, working out, and waiting for Brett and Terry to come home. Alas, I had three interviews last week. Monday was an interview for a public school district, but it was a teaching position at a Hutterite colony outside of GF. Didn't get it; didn't want it. Thursday I had an interview with the Great Falls Public Schools for one of about nine jobs. That afternoon, I had an interview for a position with the Univ. of GF. Long story short - I will be teaching sixth grade...starting next week. I'm really excited, enjoy my teaching partner so far, and am thankful that my prayers were answered.

Last, but not least, is Puckett. He really wants a big yard so he can run around. But, he said he appreciates the family runs we have been taking.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

This little card sits at my desk at work...I love it!