Sorry about the apparent blogging vacation I have taken. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to accompany this either because the camera is packed (somewhere). So, here's the update on our little family. I apologize in advance for the lengthy post.
We are officially residents of Montana. Well, not officially, but we've been here for nearly a month. As soon as we got here, we dropped off a car, unloaded another, and headed out to Brett's parent's place. It was bittersweet that Brett's sister, Suzanne, had emergency gall bladder surgery and had to stay a couple extra days. Lucky for us, we had time to drive out there to visit sweet baby Townes and Noah, too. So fun! We sure wish we could spend more time with them all. :o(
Apparently, I was extremely optimistic about finding a place to live. Many of you know we're staying with Aunt Terry right now. And, while we love staying here, we really don't want to make a habit of it. Sadly though, there aren't many rental properties to speak of. In fact, it's cheaper to buy a place of our own then it is to rent. Bummer! So, we're in the process of checking that out. In the meantime, Mia loves hanging out with Grauntie (is that how you spell it?) Terry and seeing family. Speaking of family, we've been so fortunate to see many of the Ruffatto family members!
Brett is enjoying his job thus far. This is the end of his second week. It was a bit slow to start, and is still a little slower than normal, but things are picking up and everyone has been nice. I haven't been as lucky as I would like to be in the job hunt. I had an interview for a sixth grade position, but didn't get it. I'm just hoping something comes up before the end of August. In the meantime, I have started selling Scentsy, so please let me know if you're interested. Say some prayers for a teaching job, please!
And, what is M doing these days? Boy is she fun! Mia is 11 months old, has five teeth, loves to laugh and smile, and enjoys eating. Really. The girl can choke down more peas, spaghetti, and macaroni than I could have ever imagined. In fact, in the midst of our move, she decided she didn't want her bottle anymore. She would much rather feed herself. Mia likes to crawl around the kitchen, climb on people, and pull herself up on everything though she's hesitant to let go. We (Mia and I) start swim lessons next week. We went for a test run last weekend, and Mia LOVED the water! Quick story: I brought home a yellow and white polkadot swimsuit. It had such cute little ruffles. As you can imagine, it did not get rave reviews from Mia's father. However, we came to the conclusion that the ruffles would slow her down in the water, and we really don't want that. Consequently, Mia has a state-of-the-art, long sleeve, Nike turbo suit.
We don't want to leave out Puckett. He is doing just fine. Puckett is four years old and runs, jumps, and lays around like normal. He can't wait until we have a house so he can run around a bit more.
No comments:
Post a Comment