Tuesday, November 17, 2009

8th Grade Religion

One of my students found the word "libido" in his novel. He wrote it down to discuss in class. By the time I joined his group, they had already discussed the meaning of the word, in brief. He originally thought the word meant something about talking too much. Anyway, another student says, "Oh! It's like the song "Livin' La Beeda Loca." I had to kindly tell him that it was actually "Livin' La Vida Loca." I'm not sure what was funner, the fact that libido was a new word or that the other student misprounounced the song title. Regardless, it always makes things interesting.

Speaking of libido, we were learning about the Ten Commandments in class. The sixth commandment discusses the idea that "you shall not commit adultery." As we continued reading about this commandment, there was a nifty mint green box. Avoid the green boxes! The text in the box specifies what all falls under this commandment. I'm trying to keep this relatively PG, but if you need to know more, I can fill you in. My kiddos were mortified to say the least! Because of the emabarassment it caused, I repeatedly told them, "No sex before marriage!" all that week. :o)

2 comments:

Your bloviating TennisTitan said...

as a fellow blogger I enjoyed a brief stop at your blog. You are blessed with your precious Mia... and, no doubt, as she will be having you as her loving parents.

Suzanne said...

Ha ha ha...libido...that's hysterical.