Today, we had the 29-week check up, along with the dreaded glucose tolerance test. A couple of years ago, I was willingly tested for diabetes since it runs in the family. This time, I definitely knew what to expect.I woke up with a stomach ache just thinking about the test today. And, for those of you who don't know, I'm a little high-maintenance when it comes to needles. I'm the patient who asks to lay down, practically sheds tears, grimaces the entire time, and the has to remain laying down for a little while after the needle. Though Brett thought the phlebotomist did a good job, I was sure she stuck the need all the way through my vein - in one side and out the other. Did I mention that I've always been this way when it comes to needles? I had to get a flu shot last fall and requested the school secretary to hold my hand. Pathetic, I know.
Anyway, the check up went well. I gained SIX pounds in three weeks. My doctor said it's okay though. Whew. My belly is 29 cm which is perfectly where it should be at this point. And, the baby's heart beat sounded great. I think it was 145 beats per minute. As for the glucose test, we should know any bad news by Monday or Tuesday. If we don't hear anything by Wednesday, I'm in the clear.
2 comments:
Seriously, that test is the WORST! I'm glad you made it through :) You're getting sooo close!!
Keep us posted...your in our prayers.
Post a Comment