Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy 3rd Anniversary to US!

Between November and January there is always a lot going on. November brings Brett's birthday; in December there is Christmas, New Year's, and our anniversary; and nine days later we celebrate my birthday in January. Yikes! While it seems like there are so many things to celebrate, one of my favorites is our anniversary. It may only be three years, well short of a decade, but each year I am reminded of the love Brett and I share and the many things we have to be thankful for.

First of all, if you didn't know already, my sophomore year in college I wanted one of our mutual friends to set us up. She said to Brett, "I know a softball girl who thinks you're hot." Apparently, softball girls don't have a reputation for liking men (weird), so it's no surprise that Brett's response was, "I'm really busy." What a lie! Many years later, I am still recovering from that devastating rejection.

Thankfully, he came to his senses. I'm not sure that I swept him off his feet, but he sure did have that effect on me! Many times I would go to work early (yes, we worked together), volunteer to work extra shifts (if he was working), and looked mighty cute when I showed up to work in those days. Something must have clicked because just over two years later we got hitched!

Even though the fancy dress has long since been boxed up, I like to think that the honeymoon continues. I'm very much in love with Brett as much as I was three years ago. Good thing, right?! There are so many things that I adore about him. More than that, I believe I am a better person because of him. There's no one else I'd rather share my life with. In three short years, we've lived in three states (Brett lived in four), bought a house, sold a house, built a deck (which did not collapse), bought a dog, set a bbq on fire, had many nephews and nieces born, been to many weddings and some funerals (sadly), visited 12 states and Mexico, landscaped a yard, and moved a couple times. Thankfully, we survived it all together!

I'm not sure that Brett reads "our" blog, but if you do: Happy Anniversary! You're my favorite!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!