During the last couple of days, we've experienced a cold front in Boise. (Yes, that's right, I'm now a meteorologist.) Plain and simple, it's been quite chilly around here. This morning it was a mere 34 degrees outside when I left the house at 7 AM. But, it wasn't until approximately 4:50 PM that the snow started to fall. Keep in mind that they were large flakes, but they didn't stick to the ground at all. It was enough to provide the slightest bit of slush and created a nice canvas for mud to attach to my car. That's not exactly the type of snow I welcome in October. For all you history buffs out there, today set the record for the earliest snow fall in the Treasure Valley (that's us).
What else happens on Friday's in Boise? Brett had to cover a high school football game. I'm still waiting to find out how that went. I'm sure it was a chilly one, but he said he was equipped with gloves, a jacket, and rain pants.
I chaperoned a junior high dance. Are you getting flashbacks of your favorite songs? I knew I wasn't that old when they started to play Michael Jackson's Thriller and a little Vanilla Ice. The funniest thing about the dances is that the students are required to have a little space between them when dancing. We call this "saving room for Jesus." You have to love Catholic schools!
I hope your Friday night is turning out just how you planned it! Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment