While I had read numerous websites, blogs, and asked my Facebook friends for advice, I was not prepared for potty training. Thankfully, Mia was. Here's a quick rundown of how it went:
Day 1: Six accidents (two poopy sets of panties included), lots of time in the bathroom, cranky toddler, tired mom, going every 30 min. or so ALL DAY LONG
Day 2: Fourish accidents (includes two poops), less time in bathroom, one successful and quick trip to Sam's Club, less cranky toddler, mom more tired than day before, going every 40 min. or so ALL DAY LONG
Day 3: Mia goes to daycare on Monday's. They had been prepped last week about the big event. One accident, spilled milk on the shirt (unrelated to potty training, I'm sure), overall success, mom feels good
Day 4: ZERO accidents, two poops in the toilet, trips to gym and also gymnastics, cranky and tired mom and toddler due to lack of sleep last night and no nap, overall success
I was not prepared for the overall exhaustion of watching the clock, marching to the bathroom, singing lots of songs, picking Mia up off the floor when she didn't want to sit on the potty, etc. I would not say that was easy. Worth it? Absolutely. Done. Well...a work in progress maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment