Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Under the Weather
Mia has encountered her first illness. Two weeks ago, she started with a nasty runny nose and cough. The runny nose has weakened, but the cough is still lingering. Monday night, I woke her up to feed her (yes, we do that) and she was scorching. Brett came downstairs to figure out why she was crying. We took her temperature and got 103 degrees. Honestly, we had no idea what to do. After a horrific cool bath, Tylenol, and a call to the doctor's office, Mia went back to sleep on her dad's shoulder. I stayed home from school yesterday, and today I took her in to the doctor. She has a minor ear infection in one ear and a slight temperature, but I think she'll survive. The good news is that her medication is that yummy pink amoxicillin that I used to just love when I was younger. Don't worry, although I took a good sniff, I did not steal my baby's medicine. (That sounds like it could be a Jerry Springer show.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahh...I hate it when they're sick. All the cuddling helps everyone I think. Hope she's feeling better.
Post a Comment