Sunday, June 28, 2009

Blueberries

Alright, enough baby stuff already! As I'm sure you have read, the yard at our new house has been quite the project. Yesterday, Brett bought some blueberries to plant in the front yard. The goal is that the seven plants will make a blueberry hedge on the side of our driveway. Sounds easy, right?

In order to get all seven of the plants in, we had to do some raking. There is a pine tree that has been dropping needles for years out there. The raking led to having to tear out a low-growing juniper. Did I mention that we now HATE junipers?! Trying to tear that out led to Brett hooking a tow rope to his pick-up and yanking it out of the ground. Surprisingly, it all went really well. Of course, I say this knowing that all I did was rake and watch. Oh, you want a picture? Currently, it's hot and my feet are enormous, but I'll get one this week. Trust me, it looks great and even has water going to it! Good job, Brett!

No comments: