Tuesday, January 20, 2009

3rd Annual Ski Trip

Brett and I were able to take a long weekend, along with my mom and Greg, and hide out in Bozeman, Montana. We actually stayed up at Moonlight Basin which is adjacent to Big Sky. It all started three years ago when Megan, Brett's sister, had her senior concert at MSU. We had a couple of 2-for-1 tickets to Moonlight and decided to check it out. We're hooked!

Notice the moon to the right of Lone Peak.


We flew in Thursday afternoon and had the chance to visit with Brett's sister, Megan, while she worked at a quaint italian restaurant. I wanted to eat, but if you know me at all, you know how much I L-O-V-E Taco John's. I saved my appetite for TJ's later. Yes, it's pathetic. I map out every Taco John's on every trip we take. :o)

Friday morning, we all (Mom, Greg, Josh, Jan, and Brett) made the trip up to Moonlight with the gear in tow. You might remember that I'm pregnant. At my last appointment, my doctor said, "If it was me, I would ski. But, I should tell you not to." I had every intention of not skiing. I promise. In fact, I left my skis and boots at home for that purpose. As it turned out, there was no one on the slopes, consequently, figured I could ski since no one else was there. I joined everyone else in three fun, sunny days of skiing! Baby Walker enjoyed every minute of it!
Greg (gray) and Brett (yellow) hit the slopes.
These pictures never (ever) turn out as cute as I imagine them!

After three days of skiing, we took a break at the lodge. We actually took a picture in the exact same spot last year. So cute!

1 comment:

lisa said...

You guys are adorable! You should be the guys in Marley & Me instead of that Wilson and Aniston couple. You have the right dog too!